Meditation

/
0 Comments
For probably close to ten years I have had an interest in meditation. I've flirted with the idea of "mastering" it. That flirtation usually lasts less than a week. I go into it head strong and am defeated EVERY time. I can run a marathon people but I can't get myself to sit in a calm uninterrupted peace for at lest 5 mins????? This thought also makes my mind agitated and frustrated...my type A control freak mind says you can do this!!! I've tried forcing myself through bikram yoga...which I LOVE the challenge of don't get me wrong...but it's like I'm putting myself through a mental torture chamber. The idea that I have to quiet my mind for 90 mins is like asking me to climb Mt. Everest. Just isn't going to happen easily. So I am once again in my quest to learn how to find that inner calmness. I have done some searching for an app that may help me get started. I stumbled across one called omvana...looks pretty cool. There is a guided meditation....with music...and timers because God knows I will be DYING to know how much time I have left lol. Wish me luck...tonight is Day 1 :)



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.