The Importance of Rest Days

/
0 Comments
Rest days were something I used to look forward to when I planned my weekly workouts. It was something I "worked" towards. Now they are something I dread. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have a day where I'm not trying to squeeze in a workout and getting a little extra time and and sleep but my body just isn't happy. I'm addicted...to the sweat...to the endorphins...to the happy feeling I get when I just kicked ass :) There is an amazing feeling when you know that you're body is strong and healthy and able to push even further. So when rest day comes along I try to appreciate that my body needs a break but I sure do miss that push and those endorphins. This week is especially tough because according to my marathon training plan tomorrow is also a rest day. Granted my brain knows Sunday my sorry self will be running 26.2 miles my body says hey wait a second!! So what exactly does a rest day do for your body?



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.